Delta variant confirmed in almost all samples in August in Slovakia
BRATISLAVA. KAZINFORM - The delta variant of novel coronavirus was discovered in almost all new cases of COVID-19 in August, said Slovakia’s Chief Hygienist Jan Mikas on Monday, adding that laboratories confirmed this by carrying out sequencing of almost 99 percent of the positive samples, TASR reports.
A total of 1,085 positives samples were sequenced successfully in August. «Laboratories identified the delta variant in 1,073 samples, and the alpha variant in 11. One sample contained a different variant,» added Mikas.
The sequencing of samples is carried out by laboratories of the Public Health Office (UVZ), Comenius University’s Scientific Park in Bratislava and the Biomedicine Centre of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
- Kazakhstan suspends flights to Egypt starting Dec 3
- U.S. to tighten COVID-19 testing rules for international travelers
- Over 8.1 mln get coronavirus vaccine
- Covid-19: 90% of Brazilian adults have already taken the 1st dose of the vaccine
- UK registers highest number of COVID cases since mid-July
- Americans urged to get vaccinated as first Omicron variant case detected in U.S.
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis