COVID-19 vaccination drive nears completion in Turkestan rgn
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Governor of Turkestan region Umirzak Shukeev spoke of the COVID-19 situation in the region, Kazinform correspondent reports.
Speaking at a press conference at the Central Communications Service, Shukeev said that Turkestan region has been in the «green zone» for most times since the start of the pandemic. According to him, this was possible thanks to the professionalism of health workers fighting on the frontline with the pandemic and provision of the health care structure with necessary resources.
«As of today, the COVID-19 situation is stable in the region. Most of the beds are empty at the infectious diseases hospitals. In general, according to the statistics, the COVID-19 prevalence has been reduced. However, we will further make every effort to fight the virus,» said the governor.
He went on to say that the construction of a new multi-purpose hospital is underway.
According to him, the mass vaccination campaign is nearing completion in the region.
«The number of people vaccinated against the coronavirus infection in Turkestan region exceeds one million,» he said.
- Japan faces putting majority of 47 prefs. Under COVID quasi-emergency
- Number of COVID-19 cases at Tengiz oilfield reaches 500
- COVID-19: Pavlodar region sets new record for 3rd straight day
- S. Korean gov’t to lower age of eligibility for COVID-19 treatment pills from 65 to 60: PM
- Almaty region reports over 460 fresh COVID-19 cases in 24h
- Over 274,000 Kazakhstanis get fully vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis