COVID-19 to peak in March in Almaty
ALMATY. KAZINFORM «Another coronavirus wave peak is expected in Almaty in March this year,» the chief sanitary doctor of Almaty, Karlygash Abdizhabbarova, said.
«As the best-case scenario claims it will peak mid-March, early March in the worst-case scenario. Thereat a decrease in cases is predicted in April, May and June. It will depend on the herd immunity and revaccination rates,» she added.
She noted that the Omicron strain is spreading fast and will dominate soon.
Earlier she stressed that the COVID-19 situation is the city has deteriorated. The weekly morbidity per 100,000 population increased 2.2 times from 47.6 to 105.6 cases.
- Ukraine reports 12,915 new COVID-19 cases
- Russia records another 65,109 coronavirus cases — crisis center
- Nearly 16 thou people get COVID-19 booster shots in Mangistau rgn
- 178 daily COVID-19 cases reported in North Kazakhstan rgn
- COVID-19: Atyrau rgn posts 486 fresh daily cases
- Baikonur lifts heightened terrorist threat level
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis