Coronavirus cases at Tokyo Olympics climb over 250
TOKYO. KAZINFORM - A total of 259 people accredited for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics have contracted the coronavirus, organizers said Sunday, Anadolu Agency reports.
The organization committee confirmed that 18 additional people, including staff and officials, tested positive for the virus, bringing the number of infections at the Games to 259.
No athlete competing has contracted COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, the committee said, while adding that the newly infected went into quarantine.
The 2020 Olympics hoped to welcome spectators after being postponed last year due to the pandemic but ended up holding competitions in empty venues because of the newly resurgent virus.
- Over 2.19 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in China
- Japan to lower minimum age to 16 at state-run vaccination sites
- Over 267,000 people in Aktobe region fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- 489 schoolchildren contract COVID-19 in Aktobe region since Sept 1
- Aktobe region reports 137 COVID-19 cases in past day
- Daily new cases touch new high of 2,434 on surge after holiday in S. Korea
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis