Coronavirus: 17 deaths, 650 infected in Italy
ROME. KAZINFORM - Seventeen people have died of the coronavirus in Italy, emergency commissioner Angelo Borrelli said Thursday.
Some 650 people have been infected, said the civil protection chief. Some 45 have recovered.
In Lombardy, the most affected region, there have been 403 infected, of whom 40 discharged after recovering and 14 dead; 11 in Veneto (two dead); 97 in Emilia Romagna (one dead); 19 in Liguria, four in Sicily (two recovered), three each in Lazio (all three recovered), Campania and Marche; two in Tuscany and Piedmont; and one each in Alto Adige, Abruzzo and Puglia.
Those hospitalised with symptoms are 248, 56 of them in intensive care, and 284 are in domestic isolation.
The number of swabs taken are 12,104, half in Veneto.
- Israel's COVID-19 cases surpass 40,000, daily cases hit record high
- China battles unprecedented floods around its largest freshwater lake
- Hong Kong Disneyland to close again from Wed. amid virus uptick
- Latin America, Caribbean 2nd worst-hit region by virus
- Andrzej Duda elected to his second term as Poland’s president
- Southern South Korea hit by devastating downpours
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis