CIS heads of government to meet in Ashgabat 30 May
MINSK. May 19. KAZINFORM About 30 issues will be on the agenda of the session of the CIS Council of Heads of Government in Ashgabat on 30 May, Chairman of the CIS Executive Committee - Executive Secretary Sergei Lebedev told BelTA.
The issues cover many areas of the CIS member states' activities, Sergei Lebedev noted. In particular it is planned to discuss the economic package of issues including the prospects of innovative cooperation in the CIS. The heads of government are set to review the CIS cooperation in humanitarian area, youth policy and physical education. "Our agenda includes security issues. It is about improving our joint air defense," Sergei Lebedev said, BelTA reports.
Almost all issues submitted for the discussion have been agreed, and necessary compromises have been found. "We expect positive decisions on all issues," Chairman of the CIS Executive Committee added.
He also reminded that the session of the CIS Energy Council is to be held on 25 May and CIS Finance Ministers meeting is scheduled for 23 May. "The latter will be attended by Belarusian Finance Minister Andrei Kharkovets," Sergei Lebedev said.
According to him, it is essential for the CIS finance ministers to elaborate joint anti-crisis measures.
As Belarusian Prime Minister Mikhail Myasnikovich emphasized during the meeting with Sergei Lebedev, Belarus will take an active part in the forthcoming session of the Council of Heads of Government. "I have discussed the fundamental issues with the president," the Prime Minister underscored. According to him, Belarus strengthens focus on the free trade area treaty and its practical implementation. "It is not a declaration anymore but the realization of economic arrangements in practice. It is essential for the government. We are planning to review these issues in the course of our meetings with the Ukrainian Prime Minister and other colleagues," he noted.
Read more www.belta.by
- Lack of COVID-19 beds likely in some regions of Kazakhstan – Tsoi
- 25,000 doses of Kazakh QazVac vaccine bound for Kyrgyzstan arrives in Kordai
- Kazakhstan and Eni to develop alternative energy sources
- Kazakh PM meets with delegation from Astrakhan Region
- Head of State gave instructions to Minister of Digital Development
- President Tokayev receives Healthcare Minister
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis