China issues blue alert for cold wave
BEIJING. KAZINFORM - China's national observatory on Saturday issued a blue alert for a cold wave as a strong cold front is heading southeast, Xinhua reports.
From Saturday night to Tuesday, parts of the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River and east China's coastal regions will be hit by strong winds, said the National Meteorological Center.
Temperatures are expected to drop by 6 to 10 degrees Celsius in parts of the northwestern, northern and northeastern regions. Some of these areas will see a temperature decrease of over 12 degrees Celsius.
The center advised the public to take precautions against the cold weather and reduce outdoor activities.
In the country's four-tier weather warning system, red is the most severe, followed by orange, yellow and blue.
- Israel lockdown may last for another year: Netanyahu
- Japanese bio-venture starts development of COVID-19 peptide vaccine
- New virus cases drop below 100 in S. Korea again
- Renewable energy jobs continue growth to 11.5 million worldwide: IRENA
- UN chief says world must 'learn from mistakes' as virus deaths top 1 million
- ANSA: 1.3 mn tourism jobs at risk
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis