Catholic Church to install unique Star of Kazakhstan altar in N Kazakhstan
PETROPAVLOVSK. KAZINFORM - His Eminence Robert Sarah, Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church, has arrived in northern Kazakhstan with a special mission.
Star of Kazakhstan altarpiece will be installed in the church of Ozernoe village in the North Kazakhstan region.
"It is a great honor for me to visit Kazakhstan. Thank you for your warm welcome. We will pray for peace and consent in your country," the Cardinal said at the meeting with governor of the region Yerik Sultanov.
The Star of Kazakhstan altar is part of a series of 12 altars that will be located in Catholic holy places across the globe. The first of them has already been installed at the Stations of the Cross in Jerusalem.
The altar's location in Kazakhstan was been chosen for a reason. There is the Catholic legend about a miracle that happened near Ozernoye village back in March 1941. The lake appeared in the area where deported Polacks were dying of hunger and desperately praying. A large number of fish in the lake saved the people from starvation. Since then the area is very special to Catholics.
Governor Sultanov thanked His Eminence Robert Sarah for coming to Kazakhstan and presented him with a book Traditions of the Kazakh People published in Kazakh, Russian and English.
- Almost 60,000 got vaccinated with both components of vaccine in N Kazakhstan
- 10% of N Kazakhstan population fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- North Kazakhstan rgn’s COVID-19 tally exceeds 15,000-mark
- COVID-19 cases halve in N Kazakhstan rgn
- N Kazakhstan reports decrease in COVID-19 cases
- N Kazakhstan region to ease quarantine restrictions
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis