Canadians thank Almaty for hosting Universiade 2017
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - The national team of Canada chose a great way to thank Almaty for hosting the 28th World Winter Universiade at its closing ceremony, Kazinform correspondent reports.
The Canadian team carried a banner saying Almatyga rakhmet! (Thank you, Almaty!) during the Parade of the Athletes.
Medalists and participants of the Universiade will be honored at the closing ceremony in Almaty.
Over 2,000 athletes from 57 countries are participating in the parade.
Canada was ranked 13th in the overall medal tally with one gold, one silver and one bronze medal.
- Kazakhstan presents new Olympic outfits for Beijing 2022
- Kazakhstan’s Rybakina, Golubev retire from Australian Open mid-match
- Pantheon in memory of victims of Almaty tragedy to be built
- Kazakh-Pakistani duo advances at 2022 Australian Open
- Alexander Bublik lost in 2nd Round at Australian Open 2022
- Kazakhstani Danilina cruises into 2nd round at Australian Open 2022
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis