Businessmen failing to repay bank loans must be brought to criminal responsibility - President
ASTANA. KAZINFORM President Nursultan Nazarbayev commissioned to launch criminal cases in regards to the businessmen failing to repay the loans.
Taking the floor at the Cabinet's enlarged sitting, chief banker of the country Daniyar Akishev raised the problem of non-performing loans across the country.
"Due to liquidation of 7 banks and recovery of 2 ones, almost 5trln tenge has been written off. In fact, the borrowers, mostly small businesses, did not repay all the loans taken from the banks," he said.
The Head of State commissioned to punish all those who do not pay the loans back.
He stressed that defaulted borrowers must bear responsibility for their debts. "Criminal cases must be launched in regards to such borrowers," he said.
- Kazakh President suggests revision to country’s regulations on use of national symbols
- Kazakhstan names new Vice Minister of Justice
- We are committed to providing 100% of Kazakhstanis with drinking water by 2025 - Atamkulov
- Atyrau rgn Governor reports on socioeconomic development
- Kazakhstan ratifies Protocol on amendments to Treaty on EAEU
- Kazakh President receives PM Mamin
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis