Buried warrior of Oguz period uncovered in Atyrau (PHOTO)
ATYRAU. KAZINFORM - A buried warrior of Oguz period was uncovered in Terekty area of Atyrau region.
"Excavation works have been carried out by students of Atyrau State University during the summer practice. It is notable that the warrior was buried together with his horse. Moreover, in the tomb the students found a sword with the length of about 1 meter, arrowheads, mail armour which length is more than 1 meter and a horse harness. Judging by the size and weight of the iron chain mail, which is about 20 kg, it was designed to protect the horse. All materials, which were found by young archaeologists, indicate that the burial belongs to the period of Oguz, IX-XI centuries. Oguz tribes manufactured horse chain mails," said Aniya Yermagambetova, head of the educational-scientific laboratory of archeology, director of archaeological and ethnographic museum of Atyrau State University named after Dosmukhamedov.
- COVID-19 detected in 20 pregnant women in Atyrau rgn
- 236 thou people given 1st COVID-19 vaccine jab in Atyrau rgn
- COVID-19: Atyrau rgn posts 48 fresh daily cases
- Atyrau region reveals bed occupancy of COVID-19 infectious facilities
- Kazakh President visits Zhoshy Khan historical museum
- Kimak khaganate burial mounds unearthed in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis