Breastfeeding excluded from list of contraindications to Sputnik V use
MOSCOW. KAZINFORM Breastfeeding has been excluded from the list of contraindications to vaccination with the Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine, according to the instruction for the use of Sputnik V.
The press service of the Russian health ministry confirmed this information. «There are no clinical tests of Gam-covid-vac (Sputnik V - TASS) in breastfeeding women and infants. It is not known whether the vaccine’s active substances van get into maternal milk. Before vaccinating a breastfeeding woman it is necessary to assess the risks and benefits of the vaccination,» the ministry’s press service told TASS.
Breastfeeding was listed among contraindications to the use of Sputnik V in the previous edition of the document, TASS reports.
Back in July, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended breastfeeding women to get vaccinated against COVID-19, saying that vaccination poses no risks to babies and provides protection.
- S. Korea hits grim COVID-19 milestone of over 13,000 daily cases as omicron fears worsen
- Brazil’s priority is to expand vaccination against COVID-19
- Russia documents 74,692 daily COVID-19 cases, crisis center says
- COVID-19 in Ukraine: Health authorities report 24,321 daily cases as of Jan 26
- Academy of Sciences: Belarus' vaccine will be ready for use in 2022
- 3 thou doses of Sputnik Light COVID-19 vaccine arrive in Atyrau
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis