Boy struck by unlicensed hit-and-run driver in Almaty
ALMATY. KAZINFORM – An unlicensed driver knocked down a 7-year-old child and fled the scene of the accident, the Kazinform correspondent reports.
The traffic accident took place on October 19 in the Shugyla microdistrict, Almaty.
The driver of a Volkswagen car hit a boy, born in 2012, who was running across the carriageway in the wrong place. The driver did not stop to investigate and took off leaving the boy on the road. The child was rushed to a hospital.
Police officers detained the suspect without delay. The detainee is a 31-year-old resident of Kaskelen town.
His vehicle was put into a specialized penalty parking. The investigation is underway.
- Almaty authorities resume disinfection of residential buildings
- Almaty to introduce restrictions on visits to national parks amid worsening COVID-19 situation
- Quake rocks 322 km away from Almaty
- Earthquake hits southwest of Almaty city
- Almaty to receive 50 tons of medical cargo from Russia
- Almaty region's chief medical officer dies of pneumonia
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis