Best KBTU students awarded with Denis Ten Scholarships
ALMATY. KAZINFORM – Three best performing students of the Kazakh-British Technical University (KBTU) in Almaty were awarded with the Denis Ten Scholarships, Kazinform reports.
Late Kazakhstani figure skater and Olympic medalist Denis Ten pursued a Master’s Decree at the KBTU and it was decided to institute a scholarship for the most talented students and name it after Denis.
Aside from excellent academic performance, the scholarship recipients should also go in for sport.
According to KBTU rector Kenzhebek Ibrashev, this year the university chose three most deserving scholarship recipients out of 80 candidates. Denis’ mother Oxana Ten was an honorary guest of the scholarships’ awarding ceremony.
She revealed that Seoul had hosted an exhibition in memory of Denis Ten from 6 to 11 November. The exhibition showcased photographs from various sports events as well as a documentary about Denis made by his friends and colleagues. It also features photos taken by Denis.
Recall that Denis’ Friends ice show will take place in the Kazakh capital on December 14. It will bring together well-known figure skaters and Denis Ten’s friends.
- Kazakhstan’s Zarina Diyas out of WTA Top 100
- Kazakhstan sweeps 52 medals at Int’l Senior Track and Field Tournament
- Kazakhstan propels into Davis Cup quarterfinals after convincing win over Canada
- Kazakh beach volleyball players to vie for bronze at 2021 Asian Championship
- Kazakhstani Zauresh Akasheva faces loss at Table Tennis Championship in US
- Kazakhstan’s Zauresh Akasheva off to a good start at Table Tennis Championship in US
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis