At least 5 people killed in bow and arrow attack in Norway
STOCKHOLM. KAZINFORM At least five people are dead and two wounded after a man with a bow and arrows went on a rampage near the Norwegian capital Oslo before being arrested, public broadcaster NRK said early Thursday.
The attack took place Wednesday night in the town of Kongsberg, NRK reported.
The dead include a police officer who was off duty when the attack occurred, and the wounded have been hospitalized, said local police official Øyvind Aas, Anadolu Agency reports.
Police are conducting forensic investigations at several crime scenes and have cordoned off large areas of Kongsberg, NRK said.
According to NRK, they are not ruling out the possibility of an act of terrorism.
Norwegian police authorities later released a new statement on the attack.
The attacker is a Danish man living in Kongsberg, the statement said, noting that he has been charged with murder.
«We will get back with a more detailed description of the course of events when we have a better overview of what happened,» the statement added.
- S. Korea: New virus cases below 2,000 for 15th day as vaccination rate nears 70 pct milestone
- Canada's COVID-19 new cases continue declining
- Romania to reimpose curfew, mandatory mask wearing in public amid record pandemic surge
- Pfizer-BioNTech says vaccine 91% effective in younger children
- Butantan study shows higher efficiency of CoronaVac
- Kazakhstan’s daily COVID-19 case count stands at 1,732
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis