Askar Shakirov attends European Conference of Presidents of Parliament
STRASBOURG. KAZINFORM Deputy Chairman of the Senate of the Kazakh Parliament Askar Shakirov participated in the European Conference of Presidents of Parliament held under the aegis of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg (France), Kazinform reports.
As the press service of the Senate informed, the Forum brought together the heads of parliament of 47 member countries of the Council of Europe, partner and observer countries as well as a number of international parliamentary assemblies. The event was dedicated to the 70th anniversary of establishment of the Council of Europe. The participants discussed the establishment and development of the common European house, the contribution of the parliaments to the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals as well as gender equality issues.
In Strasbourg, Askar Shakirov met with PACE President Liliane Maury Pasquier. The sides noted mutual understanding and trustful relations between Kazakhstan and this organization.
Liliane Maury Pasquier welcomed the opening of the Council of Europe Regional Office for Central Asia in Almaty.
The First European Conference of Presidents of Parliament was held in 1975. The event is organized once in two years.
- Russian Ambassador to Kazakhstan awarded Order of Dostyk, degree II
- No Kazakhstanis suffered in explosion in Madrid
- Kazakh FM, UN Under-Secretary-General talked over phone
- Tulipmania 2021 unique exhibition in Singapore to be dedicated to Kazakhstan
- Dmitry Medvedev congratulates Nursultan Nazarbayev on Nut Otan victory in elections
- Basic priorities of Swedish Chairpersonship presented in OSCE in Vienna
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis