ANSA: Some risks must be taken to reopen Italy says Bonaccini
ROME. KAZINFORM - Some risks need to be taken in the reopening of Italy to inter-regional travel «otherwise we will never reopen», Emilia-Romagna Governor Stefano Bonaccini said Monday ahead of Wednesday's reopening, ANSA reports.
Bonaccini was speaking as a row on the reopening continued between Italy's governors. Bonaccini recalled that, after the first easing of lockdown on May 4, when five million people returned to work, «the curve continued to drop» and, after further easing on May 18, «we can make an assessment of that now and try to restart».
The Emilia-Romagna chief said «there can be no restart without the Mezzogiorno», the south of Italy where some regions have proposed a 'health passport' for those arriving from the north.
He said «the productive north needs swift and urgent answers».
Tuscany Governor Enrico Rossi, for his part, said that Lombardy Governor Attilio Fontana and Milan Mayor Giuseppe Sala «have rushed to reopen and the government fell into line».
He said «Lombardy has a certain weight, it's useless denying it. «In my view, on the other hand, we can keep the country together better if things go more gradually«.
- New social medical lab opens in Karaganda
- Int'l cooperation only way to defeat COVID-19, climate emergency: UN chief
- S. Korea’s drug ministry to fast-track AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate
- Russia likely to reach plateau in COVID-19 cases by early December, expert says
- Another Latin American country tops grim 1 million mark
- 115 COVID patients in critical condition in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis