ANSA: Poverty in Italy at highest level in 15 years - ISTAT
ROME. KAZINFORM ISTAT said Thursday that the number of people in absolute poverty in Italy reached the highest level in 15 years in 2020, according to preliminary data.
The national statistics agency said the incidence of families in absolute poverty was up from 6.4% in 2019 to 7.7% in 2020, which means over two million households were in absolute poverty, up 335,000.
It said the incidence for individuals rose from 7.7% to 9.4%, meaning 5.6 million people are in absolute poverty, up by over a million in a year, ANSA reports.
The rise registered in the year of the COVID-19 pandemic means the reduction in poverty levels achieved in 2019 has been reversed, ANSA reports.
- Omicron spreading via community transmission in UK: Official
- Death toll from volcano eruption in Indonesia reaches 34
- COVID-19 case incidence up to 173 says ISS chief
- Kazakh Invest CEO names most promising sectors to invest
- Kazakhstan Global Investment Roundtable kicks off in Kazakh capital
- UAE Government announces four and half day working week
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis