ANSA: Italian firms' turnover to drop 7% in 2020 - BoI
ROME. KAZINFORM The turnover of Italian businesses will drop 7% due to the coronavirus emergency this year, the Bank of Italy said Wednesday.
Turnover will fall 25.8% in the first half of the year to then recover somewhat, the central bank said. In the first half of 2020 the hospitality sector will fall 37.5% in turnover and the clothing, textile, fur and footwear sector will show a 32.2% drop, ANSA reports.
Employment will fall 1.3%, cushioned by a wide pick-up in COVID furlough and lay-off programmes, the BoI said.
GDP is set to to fall between 9% and 13% this year, the Bank of Italy says.
- Kazakhstan’s foreign trade turnover hit $42.5bln since year began
- Kazakhstan’s GDP contracts by 2.9 pct
- S. Korea sees growing signs of economic recovery: KDI
- Kazakhstan likely to postpone population census
- Kazakhstan to map out new Strategic Roadmap until Aug 1
- Over two thousand online shops registered in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis