Almaty is one of digitization leaders in Kazakhstan, says Minister Zhumagaliyev
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – The Minister of Digital Development, Innovations and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Askar Zhumagaliyev, has inspected today the pace of digitalization in Almaty, Kazinform correspondent reports.
The minister visited the ambulance station, the Police Department, the Emergency Control Department, the Specialized Public Service Center, Alatau Technology Park, and the Public Service Center of Medeu district, the ministry’s press service says.
The minister held a meeting after visiting sites and discussing proposals and recommendations for the development of the Smart City project. Concluding the meeting, he noted that Almaty is one of Kazakhstan’s digitization leaders in many respects.
For instance, the share of non-cash payment in public transport of the metropolis has reached 98%. There are also condominiums operating online. The system automation made it possible to reduce the average time of arrival of ambulances to 11-12 minutes and fire-fighting machines - to 8 minutes. The emergency notification systems now cover 100% of the city, and residents receive notifications within just a few minutes.
«Almaty City is gradually being equipped with systems and projects that contribute to improving the comfort of living and the efficiency of all services, making their activities even more timely and transparent. The effective implementation of the Smart City components, the ongoing dialogue with the citizens, will facilitate further development of urban infrastructure and ecosystems. It is necessary to preserve the existing practices in Almaty and give new momentum to the work being done,» said Askar Zhumagaliyev.
- Kazakhstan’s Balapan TV Channel celebrates 10th anniversary
- 12yo Karakat Bashanova to represent Kazakhstan at Junior Eurovision-2020
- Kazakhstan confirms 229 COVID-19-like pneumonia cases, 2 deaths
- Air Astana resumes service to Moscow
- 136 Kazakhstanis beat novel virus, total at 102,666
- Kazakhstan marks Labour Day
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis