Almaty: Doctors save life of birthing mother with 90% lung damage
ALMATY. KAZINFORM - On July 2 a 23-year-old woman in labor was admitted to the Almaty maternity hospital №2, Kazinform correspondent reports with the reference to the press service of the city's public health department.
The woman was at 38th week of pregnancy. She had a fever, coughing and shortness of breath. The woman’s COVID-19 test returned positive. Moreover, the expectant mother was diagnosed with bilateral polysegmental pneumonia with 90% lung damage. The patient was immediately admitted to the intensive care unit. The next day, the woman gave birth to a boy weighing more than 3 kilograms. However, after childbirth the woman was in grave condition. On July 29, the patient was transferred to a specialized department.
It is also important to note that the baby was born healthy. Two days after his birth he was discharged from the hospital.
- President Tokayev arrives in Almaty city
- Almaty channels KZT 22.9 bln to fight COVID-19
- ResiliArt Debate: concert and cultural-event industry of CA during quarantine. Lessons learned
- 6,000 tons of waste collected on World Cleanup Day in Kazakhstan
- Quake shatters 407 km away from Almaty
- New deputy mayor of Almaty city named
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis