Almaty chief medical officer highlights less hospitalization rate among vaccinated citizens
ALMATY. KAZINFORM – The total number of COVID-19 cases reported in Almaty city since the start of the pandemic stands at 155,739, Zhandarbek Bekshin told a briefing, Kazinform correspondent reports.
Thanks to the measures taken the COVID-19 situation in Almaty has stabilized. COVID-19 cases fell from 1,605 on August 25 to 976 on September 8.
In his speech, Bekshin pointed out that the vaccines’ efficiency against the delta variant stands at over 80%. He went on to say that vaccinated Almaty citizens are 20 times less likely to be hospitalized.
Notably, the city has reported 137.2 thousand cases of COVID-19 since the start of the year. 8,916 cases have been reported since the beginning of September.
- Over 2.56 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland
- COVID-19 in Ukraine: Authorities confirm 8,655 new cases in past 24 hours
- Japan boosts medical system to admit 37,000 COVID patients
- 257 COVID-19 patients treated at infectious facilities in Almaty
- Over 460 students switched to online learning due to COVID-19 in Almaty rgn
- COVID: 9,503 new cases, 92 more victims - ANSA
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis