Alice Wells: Kazakhstan - example of successful development of country without nuclear weapons
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Alice G. Wells, U.S. Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asia, has said that Kazakhstan sets a perfect example of renunciation of nuclear weapons, Kazinform correspondent reports.
During her official visit to Kazakhstan, Alice G. Wells noted that President Nursultan Nazarbayev of the Republic of Kazakhstan managed to ensure the successful development of the country and enhance its prestige in the eyes of the region and the world.
In particular, she said that Kazakhstan's role is exemplary in the United States' efforts to persuade North Korea to abandon nuclear weapons.
She underlined that Kazakhstan by its example demonstrated what can be achieved without nuclear weapons and what can be done to successfully develop on the world stage.
Besides, the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asia maintains that it is Nursultan Nazarbayev's leadership which provided an entire generation of Kazakhstanis with the opportunity to study abroad under the Bolashak Scholarship Program.
- Kazakhstan and Romania debate education cooperation
- Kazakh President addressed High-Level Meeting to commemorate 75th Anniversary of UN
- Events honoring Abai and Al Farabi to be held in Mongolia
- UNGA High-Level Meeting starts its work
- Kazakh President to deliver video message at UNGA High-Level Meeting
- Kazakh PM held talks with President of Turkmenistan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis