Aktau unveils monument to Abai
AKTAU. KAZINFORM On the eve of the Independence Day the monument to great Kazakh poet Abai Kunanbayev was unveiled in Aktau, the governor's press service reports.
The 5-meter high sculpture composition is situated in front of the Abai cultural centre. Governor of Mangystau region Yeraly Tugzhanov took part in the solemn ceremony.
"The opening the monument to Abai is landmark event in the history of our city. The life of the poet and his poems, his words are intimately connected with the fate of the Kazakh people. There are monuments and streets named after the great Kazakhstan poet in each city of Kazakhstan, as well as abroad. There is the Abai House in London, in Cairo,Berlin, Kiev, Bishkek, Baku. There are Abai streets in Tashkent, Moscow, Tehran, Beijing," the governor stressed.
- Kazakhstani pavilion hosted culture activities at VDNKh in Moscow
- Kazakhstani film wins prize at Slovak Film Festival
- Daneliya Tuleshova gets to third round of America's Got Talent show
- Adilkhan Yerzhanov's film to be screened at Venice Film Festival
- Aktau hotel fined for breaking quarantine rules
- Kazakh national dresses by young designer to be on display at int'l festival
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis