Akmola rg records 4 maternal deaths due to COVID-19 since beginning of year
KOKSHETAU. KAZINFORM – Akmola region recorded five cases of maternal deaths, four of which were related to COVID-19, in the first six months of 2021, Kazinform correspondent reports.
The region has the infectious diseases bed occupancy of 46%, dropping by 7% compared to the previous week. The ICU bed occupancy rate stands at 48% in the region, seeing a weekly drop of 12%.
According to the head of the Health Office of Akmola region, Nariman Syzdykov, COVID-19 deaths are on the rise in the region, with a total of 190 fatalities reported since the pandemic. The number of COVID-19 deaths has risen by 9% over the past week. The COVID-19 death rate stands at 0.5 in the region.
In 2021, the region has recorded five cases of maternal deaths, four of which were related to COVID-19, including two in Kokshetau city, and one in Stepnogorsk city and one in Shchuchinsk city.
As of today, the region has reported over 300 cases of COVID-19 in children. Around 15 kids are being treated at the infectious diseases hospitals.
- Over 8.6 mln get Pfizer vaccine in Kazakh capital
- 40 COVID-19 patients in intensive care units in Almaty city
- Japan confirms 3rd case of Omicron variant
- Slovak health experts propose to extend lockdown until December 16
- Over 4,600 teens got vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine in Almaty region
- Over 2,600 people revaccinated against COVID-19 in Almaty rgn
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis