Akmola rg records 4 maternal deaths due to COVID-19 since beginning of year
KOKSHETAU. KAZINFORM – Akmola region recorded five cases of maternal deaths, four of which were related to COVID-19, in the first six months of 2021, Kazinform correspondent reports.
The region has the infectious diseases bed occupancy of 46%, dropping by 7% compared to the previous week. The ICU bed occupancy rate stands at 48% in the region, seeing a weekly drop of 12%.
According to the head of the Health Office of Akmola region, Nariman Syzdykov, COVID-19 deaths are on the rise in the region, with a total of 190 fatalities reported since the pandemic. The number of COVID-19 deaths has risen by 9% over the past week. The COVID-19 death rate stands at 0.5 in the region.
In 2021, the region has recorded five cases of maternal deaths, four of which were related to COVID-19, including two in Kokshetau city, and one in Stepnogorsk city and one in Shchuchinsk city.
As of today, the region has reported over 300 cases of COVID-19 in children. Around 15 kids are being treated at the infectious diseases hospitals.
- UK records another 44,985 new coronavirus cases
- St. Petersburg goes into lockdown, closing restaurants, malls, public places Oct 30-Nov 7
- New virus cases below 1,500 amid progress in vaccination campaign in S. Korea
- Malaysia reports 5,828 new COVID-19 infections, 42 more deaths
- Over 115.16M coronavirus vaccine shots given in Turkey to date
- 50,683 COVID-19 patients under treatment in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis