Agriculture GDP rises by 4.9% in Kazakhstan
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – In the period of 8 months of 2020, the share of agriculture in GDP has risen by 4.9% and amounted to 2.4 trillion tenge, Kazakh Agriculture Minister Saparkhan Omarov told a government session, Kazinform correspondent reports.
According to the minister, a 4.9% rise in the share of agriculture in GDP was fueled by the increased production, with Akmola, North Kazakhstan and Kostanay regions being three regions with high increases – 119.2%, 110.9% and 105.8%, respectively.
As of today, 11.1 million hectares of crops have been harvested across the country, which is 70.2% of the total area of harvested area.
According to the agriculture minister, in the past 8 months of the present year, the share of animal husbandry in GDP has risen by 2.7% and stands at 1.6 trillion tenge. Investments in fixed capital in agriculture have increased by 9.1% and totaled 292 billion tenge, while food production has seen a 25.4% rise and totaled 54.7 billion tenge.
- Kazakhstan: COVID-19 PCR tests mandatory for all inbound passengers from Oct 26
- Kazakhstan falls in updated FIFA ranking
- Upcoming parliamentary election is important in building solid democratic institutions – President
- ATP 250 Astana Open to kick off in Nur-Sultan on Oct 25
- President calls on increasing women’s share in senior positions up to 30%
- Kazakh President instructs to introduce child wellbeing index
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis