Africa's COVID-19 cases pass 8.48 mln: Africa CDC
ADDIS ABABA. KAZINFORM - The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Africa reached 8,483,555 cases as of Thursday afternoon, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said, Xinhua reports.
The Africa CDC, the specialized healthcare agency of the African Union (AU), said the death toll from the pandemic across the continent stands at 218,803. And some 7,881,834 patients across the continent have recovered from the disease so far.
South Africa, Morocco, Tunisia and Ethiopia are among the countries with the most cases in the continent, according to the agency.
In terms of the caseloads, southern Africa is the most affected region, followed by the northern and eastern parts of the continent, while central Africa is the least affected region in the continent, according to the Africa CDC.
- Seoul's daily COVID-19 cases hit new record
- 1 dead, dozens hurt as Indonesia’s Semeru volcano erupts
- Cuba takes precautions against COVID-19 Omicron variant
- Over 300 women get vaccinated with Pfizer in Atyrau region
- 24,325 thou COVID-19 patients receive treatment in Kazakhstan
- Nearly 124 thou get Pfizer vaccine in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis