Affordable housing needed instead of luxury homes - Deputy Akhmetbekov
ASTANA. November 12. KAZINFORM - Instead of luxury homes we should build affordable housing for the population. This opinion has been expressed by the deputy of the Majilis of the Communist People's Party of Kazakhstan Zhambyl Akhmetbekov at the briefing at the Central Communications Services, being conducted in the building of "Kazmediacenter".
"There is a growing discontent of citizens who are in need of housing. The government has not yet presented a concrete plan of action. Instead of vacant luxury homes in Astana and Almaty, where every square meter costs 3-5 thousand dollars, maybe it is necessary to build housing which is 5-7 times cheaper, that is for 500-700 dollars per square meter, which is available to the public", said Mr. Akhmetbekov.
The deputy noted that many people of Kazakhstan, having taken a loan, have to pay high interest rates. The problem of co-investors has become one of the most acute. At the same time the Government has distanced itself from the solutions of all these problems.
- MPs of Turkic -speaking countries prepare for jubilee meeting
- Majilis Chairman, TurkPA Secretary-General discuss coop
- Majilis Speaker participated in ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly meeting via videoconference
- Majilis terminates powers of 3 MPs
- Kazakh Head of State receives Majilis Speaker
- New member of Kazakh Senate named
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis