Abai and Al Farabi monuments unveiled in Turkestan
TURKESTAN. KAZINFORM Monuments on the occasion of the 175th anniversary of Kazakh poet Abai and 1150th anniversary of the world-known scientist, thinker Abu Nasr Al Farabi were opened in Turkestan, the press service of the Governor of Turkestan region reports.
Secretary of State of Kazakhstan Krymbek Kusherbayev, Deputy PM of Kazakhstan Yeraly Tugzhanov and Governor of Turkestan region Umirzak Shukeyev took part in the solemn ceremony. The author is sculptor Gulfiya Meldesh.
According to Secretary of State of Kazakhstan Krymbek Kusherbayev, today’s event held in the sacred city of Turkestan is a tribute to the Great Steppe figures.
Besides, the special delegation led by Krymbek Kusherbayev visited the Al Farabi restored monument and the Alley of Glorious Predecessors in Otyrar region.
- Malaysian scholar’s book about Al-Farabi discussed vie videoconferencing
- Almaty hosts Republican Youth Forum ‘I Believe in Youth!’
- Int'l roundtable on Abai and world culture held in Estonia
- Kazakh literature section unveiled at San Francisco Public Library
- Kazakhstani Al-Farabi Center to be launched in the USA
- The World of Abai book series released in Semei
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis