350 evacuated due to hoax bomb threat at Astana railway station
ASTANA. January 10. KAZINFORM An anonymous caller said a bomb was set to explode at a railway station in Astana at 11:11 pm on January 9, a spokesman of the press service of the Transport Department of the Kazakh Ministry of Internal Affairs told Kazinform correspondent.
350 people were evacuated from the railway station building. Railway operation was suspended.
Officers of Transport Department, National Security Committee, Kazakh Ministry of Emergencies, Prosecutor General's Office and emergency doctors worked at the scene, the press service reported.
A considerable part of the building has been searched for suspicious devices, and nothing has been found. According to the press service, a decision to be made on whether to institute criminal proceedings.
- At least 5 people killed in bow and arrow attack in Norway
- Kazakh President condoles over deadly air crash in Tatarstan
- Light aircraft with 20 people on board crashes in Tatarstan - emergency services source
- Another explosion rocks arms depot in Zhambyl region
- Joe Dombrowski signs with Team Astana for 2 seasons
- Tropical storm kills 13 in Oman, Iran
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis