3.9 quake strikes east of Almaty
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM - A shallow magnitude 3.9 earthquake was reported Thursday morning 157 kilometers from the city of Almaty, according to Kazakhstan Seismic Stations Network.
The quake occurred at 6:30 a.m. Almaty time at a depth of 15 km.
According to the Seismic Stations Network, the epicenter was 157 kilometers to the east from Almaty. Energy class of the quake was 8.5.
In the past 10 days, there have been three earthquakes of magnitude 4.3 or greater centered nearby.
- Gov't doubles state aid for disaster relief in S Korea
- S. Korean central region under 49 days of rainy season, longest on record
- 2 shot, over 100 arrested, 13 officers injured in Chicago violence
- Ecology minister calls on Almaty citizens to join environmental response talks
- Hall of Abai presented at Al-Farabi KazNU
- Lebanese leader accepts cabinet resignation
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis