2 major cities lead in number of SMEs in Kazakhstan
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Two Kazakh cities Nur-Sultan and Almaty lead in terms of number of SMEs in Kazakhstan, National Economy Minister Ruslan Dalenov during the parliamentary hearings on development of and support to SMEs, Kazinform correspondent reports.
According to Mr Dalenov, Nur-Sultan and Almaty cities account for a third of the total GRP as well as a third of those involved in small and medium entrepreneurship.
He also noted that there are regional disparities with the regard to the number of SMEs in Kazakhstan.
In his words, in 2019, the share of SMEs in GDP stood at 31.7%, rising from 24.9% in 2015. The country aims to increase that figure to 35% by 2025, and to 50% by 2050.
He added that the number of those engaged in entrepreneurship increases each year and stands at 3.5 million.
- Reading Abai art-album presented in Baku
- First President of Kazakhstan receives Nur-Sultan Mayor
- Nur Otan Chairman, Kazakh Industry Minister meet
- In-person meeting of Eurasian Intergovernmental Council on 5 Feb confirmed
- 14th Asian Financial Forum attracts 63,000-plus viewers
- Belarus, Kazakhstan seek closer cooperation in exchange trade
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis