11 killed as typhoon Kammuri hits thousands of Philippine families
MANILA. KAZINFORM - At least 11 people have been killed in the Philippines while hundreds of thousands were evacuated as typhoon Kammuri pounded large parts of the country bringing heavy rains and high velocity winds and damaging a number of properties, officials said Wednesday.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said some 114,552 families or 458,020 persons were being aided in evacuation centers after they fled their homes over fears of flooding and landslides.
- Death toll from flooding in Sudan climbs to 124
- Olympics: Japan to allow entry of athletes with COVID-19 tests
- Unemployment up 27.6% in Brazil in 4 months of pandemic
- Latin America remains region most affected by COVID-19
- Tobacco responsible for 20% of deaths from coronary heart disease
- Abu Dhabi climbs international rankings as business events destination
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis